[mass noun] The quality of being suave in manner:‘I need lessons in suavity’
charm, sophistication, polish, urbanity, suaveness, worldliness, refinement, confidence, poise, aplomb, dignity, gentility, stylesmoothness, politeness, courtesy, courteousness, civility, tact, tactfulness, diplomacy, subtletysavoir fairecouthView synonyms
- ‘Only a wine of suavity, complexity and yet understated ambition could do him justice.’
- ‘This is a top-quality wine that even a modest year shines through with good fruit and suavity.’
- ‘Full of twitches and double takes, he manages to undermine his usual screen assuredness enough to carry off moments of great hilarity without ever compromising his suavity.’
- ‘I don't believe I have ever heard this arduous role sung with such lyrical beauty, tonal suavity.’
- ‘The play is a bit faded now and its dialogue unsteadily scintillating, but it still displays the suavity and sophistication that are Coward's trademarks.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.