One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The quality of being suave in manner.‘I need lessons in suavity’
charm, sophistication, polish, urbanity, suaveness, worldliness, refinement, confidence, poise, aplomb, dignity, gentility, styleView synonyms
- ‘Only a wine of suavity, complexity and yet understated ambition could do him justice.’
- ‘Full of twitches and double takes, he manages to undermine his usual screen assuredness enough to carry off moments of great hilarity without ever compromising his suavity.’
- ‘This is a top-quality wine that even a modest year shines through with good fruit and suavity.’
- ‘I don't believe I have ever heard this arduous role sung with such lyrical beauty, tonal suavity.’
- ‘The play is a bit faded now and its dialogue unsteadily scintillating, but it still displays the suavity and sophistication that are Coward's trademarks.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.