Effective at persuading someone to do something.
convincing, effective, cogent, compelling, potent, forceful, eloquent, impressive, weighty, influential, sound, valid, powerful, strong, effectual, efficacious, winning, telling, plausible, credibleView synonyms
- ‘Structural patterns in linguistic and thematic features can contribute to the suasory force of a discourse.’
- ‘In most cases, audiences recognize that arguments, reasons, and suasory efforts are being directed at them.’
- ‘What theologians do is create a new suasory language for theological discourse.’
- ‘As long as the death penalty remains legal, the relative suasory skill of prosecuting and defense attorneys will play an important role in determining whether defendants in murder trials receive the ultimate sanction.’
- ‘I take rhetoric to be the rationale of informative and suasory discourse.’
Late 16th century: from Latin suasorius, from the verb suadere (see suasion).