One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Able to be easily persuaded.
easily persuaded, amenable, adaptable, accommodating, cooperative, malleable, pliable, compliant, flexible, acquiescent, tractable, pliant, yielding, biddable, complaisant, like putty in one's hands, impressionable, manageable, manipulable, influenceable, suggestible, susceptibleView synonyms
- ‘Bragg was forced to issue his own proclamation to the men of Kentucky, but the Kentuckians were not in a suasible mood.’
- ‘Phil always did have the willpower of a particularly suasible flea.’
- ‘Throughout the Inspired Writings, men are dealt with by their Maker, as suasible, accountable, and free.’
- ‘Calling for some volunteers (where none were suasible) I firmly supervised the burial of the dead.’
- ‘The want of mental strength rendering them so peculiarly suasible, they possess no powers of resistance.’
Late 16th century: from late Latin suasibilis, from Latin suas- participial stem of the verb suadere (see suasion).
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.