One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘If you do something illegal on the network then you should be suable.’
- ‘Mindful of the massive losses suffered by foreign - and, indeed, American - investors in the American banking system over the last 30 years, the regulators are unlikely to be kind to those who may not be ‘suable’.’
- ‘The question we are now to decide has been accurately stated, namely, is a State suable by individual citizens of another State?’
- ‘Thus, many States of this Union who have an interest in Banks, are not suable even in their own Courts; yet they never exempt the corporation from being sued.’
- ‘It held that the individual respondents had been sued only as Registrars, and that having under Alabama law effectively resigned their offices they were not suable in their official capacities; that the Board of Registrars was not a suable legal entity; and that the Civil Rights Act of 1957 did not authorize this action against the State. 171 F. Supp. 720.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.