One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Mindful of the massive losses suffered by foreign - and, indeed, American - investors in the American banking system over the last 30 years, the regulators are unlikely to be kind to those who may not be ‘suable’.’
- ‘If you do something illegal on the network then you should be suable.’
- ‘Thus, many States of this Union who have an interest in Banks, are not suable even in their own Courts; yet they never exempt the corporation from being sued.’
- ‘It held that the individual respondents had been sued only as Registrars, and that having under Alabama law effectively resigned their offices they were not suable in their official capacities; that the Board of Registrars was not a suable legal entity; and that the Civil Rights Act of 1957 did not authorize this action against the State. 171 F. Supp. 720.’
- ‘The question we are now to decide has been accurately stated, namely, is a State suable by individual citizens of another State?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.