One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Smart, wealthy, or snobbish.‘the stush journalists in attendance failed to understand the ghetto humour’
- ‘I can't help it, every time I get approached now I'm really off-key and give off the impression that I'm stush or something.’
- ‘Sounds like a stoosh word for geek to me.’
- ‘We're aware that the fans adore him, but what about the notoriously stush English clubbers?’
- ‘Sounds stush and self-indulgent, but it really isn't.’
- ‘The place is by no means stoosh, but it's no ghetto either.’
1980s (originally in West Indian English): perhaps a corruption of ostentatious.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.