One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘His stuporous singing and the farting horn sounds on ‘Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah’ don't stop the song from rocking.’
- ‘Over the next four days, the patient became increasingly confused and even frankly stuporous at times.’
- ‘The physician tried to interview him, but Joseph was stuporous, so his brother recounted the dying man's story.’
- ‘Her memoir offers a mortifyingly credible story of smart young women doing stuporous things.’
- ‘In extreme cases they can appear stuporous or catatonic.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.