Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] Foolish or nonsensical talk or behaviour.‘girl, what stupidness are you talking?’
- ‘Children today doing too much stupidness, he argued.’
- ‘You had to quickly say sorry or it was likely to explode into some sort of stupidness as if you did it on purpose.’
- ‘The ratings are just a bunch of stupidness and don't really indicate how good any team is!’
- ‘Mayers said, ‘I am not advocating a return to exchange controls but surely we have to stop lending money for stupidness like the importation of fireworks.’’
- ‘Try saving the ‘no balls’ bowling before saying such stupidness.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.