One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Alcohol is one of our milder stupefiers and may have made civilization both necessary and possible.’
- ‘The damage all chemical stupefiers have done to innocent bystanders such as parents and friends, is immeasurable, and so very costly to society as a whole.’
- ‘Even without artificial stupefiers like alcohol and narcotics to help them, people routinely achieve irrelevance by adhering to or seeking out a maladaptive schema.’
- ‘To people under twenty-five, on the other hand, the word ‘drug’ refers to a wide range of mind benders running from alcohol, energizers, and stupefiers to marijuana and other psychedelic drugs.’
- ‘Man's principal stupefiers are not opiates, or alcohol, or even sugar - but sex, territory and self-advancement.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.