One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The characters themselves are stumpily deformed creatures, which would be fine if they managed to remain in scale.’
- ‘The exterior is not its best feature - squat and massive, the cathedral crouches stumpily over the tidy lawns of the Cathedral Close.’
- ‘Livvy nodded and crouched down as the little toddler ran stumpily towards her.’
- ‘There's somehow a very magical feel to a lot of his songs, especially this current favourite, which is, even as I type stumpily and furiously, playing on repeat.’
- ‘The central tower rises stumpily above the roofs of the nave and long chancel.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.