One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘This recklessness led to much soul-searching and is no doubt the reason why this election night's TV coverage was stultifyingly dull and cautious.’
- ‘By far the most amazing thing about Halo is how mind-bendingly, stultifyingly, dull and repetitious it is.’
- ‘After a first 30 minutes of sometimes stultifyingly boring play, it was Bergamasco who lit up the match with a glorious try.’
- ‘But this staggering turnaround in the numbers has lost sight of the fact that last year's performance was stultifyingly bad - the worst in its 200-year history.’
- ‘His self-loathing prevents him from even opening the door for his stultifyingly patient longtime girlfriend Penny.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.