One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘This recklessness led to much soul-searching and is no doubt the reason why this election night's TV coverage was stultifyingly dull and cautious.’
- ‘His self-loathing prevents him from even opening the door for his stultifyingly patient longtime girlfriend Penny.’
- ‘After a first 30 minutes of sometimes stultifyingly boring play, it was Bergamasco who lit up the match with a glorious try.’
- ‘But this staggering turnaround in the numbers has lost sight of the fact that last year's performance was stultifyingly bad - the worst in its 200-year history.’
- ‘By far the most amazing thing about Halo is how mind-bendingly, stultifyingly, dull and repetitious it is.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.