One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A room used both as a bedroom and as a study, typically by a student who is resident at a university.
- ‘The first-floor window in the centre of the picture was my study-bedroom.’
- ‘Boarders each have their own en suite study-bedrooms and there is a kitchenette on both floors, laundry, common room and chapel.’
- ‘Like many people of his age, Harry's small study-bedroom, which measures about 10 ft by 8ft, is a jumble of possessions.’
- ‘The City of York Council planning officers have accepted a separate proposal to build a Hindu temple and 74 en-suite, single study-bedrooms for Gurkha soldiers based at Imphal Barracks.’
- ‘Andrew glanced at the clock on the wall of his small university study-bedroom.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.