One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small theatre where experimental and innovative productions are staged.
- ‘All proceeds from Santaland go to the development of a studio theatre within the Community Centre for the Gealach Gorm Theatre Group.’
- ‘With four rebound ace tennis courts, a swimming pool, a music centre, an extension centre for gifted and talented children and a studio theatre, it will obtain an additional $1.4 million a year.’
- ‘As well as annual performances in local theatres and summer schools, the school offers its students, in all disciplines, the opportunity to perform regularly in their own studio theatre.’
- ‘Landreth and Larkin were reunited on stage in the cavernesque studio theatre at the National Arts Centre where the winners were announced during the festival's closing ceremonies.’
- ‘With a 400 seat auditorium and a smaller studio theatre, the new Lyric will pulse with activity both on opening nights and between productions.’
- ‘The next production from the Ilkley Players is ‘Perfect Days’ by Scottish poet and playwright Liz Lochhead which will be staged in the Wildman studio theatre.’
- ‘The group meets at the new studio theatre on Mondays and has just finished its first term of workshops.’
- ‘The rise of the small studio theatre is rightly celebrated.’
- ‘Dark, tense and highly dramatic, Butlin is sure that Stevenson's original story will be maximised by its studio theatre staging, pairing four singers with the onstage instrumentalists of the Hebrides Ensemble.’
- ‘This will be a fully furnished studio theatre, providing a versatile venue for all types of theatrical performances.’
- ‘A 250-seat studio theater will provide a venue for experimental productions.’
- ‘The smaller, 250-seat studio theater is cooled from above by a variable air volume air handler and heated from below with an under-floor hydronic heating loop.’
- ‘The company has ambitions to build a studio theatre and create proper rehearsal space, all of which would allow it to increase the range and quality of the work it does.’
- ‘I spent a year driving around in my little car seeing a great number of shows in community halls and studio theatres.’
- ‘The piece was performed in the remodeled Lyttleton Theatre, the old proscenium stage making way for a more studio theatre feel.’
- ‘Apart from being one of London's biggest and most prestigious studio theatres, it's also home to the UK's only black drama school, Identity.’
- ‘There will be a new foyer, more naturally positioned on the river side of the building, a 250-seat studio theatre as well as the existing 800-seater, and two cinemas in place of the existing one.’
- ‘The opening of a West End studio theatre is good news.’
- ‘The studio theatre will be a rehearsal space and will stage small - scale performances, while music, readings and cabaret shows will take place in the cafe bar.’
- ‘The next phase, beginning now, consists of new wings of studio theatres and galleries, with a final cycle of repairs and restoration.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.