One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small theatre where experimental and innovative productions are staged.
- ‘As well as annual performances in local theatres and summer schools, the school offers its students, in all disciplines, the opportunity to perform regularly in their own studio theatre.’
- ‘I spent a year driving around in my little car seeing a great number of shows in community halls and studio theatres.’
- ‘This will be a fully furnished studio theatre, providing a versatile venue for all types of theatrical performances.’
- ‘All proceeds from Santaland go to the development of a studio theatre within the Community Centre for the Gealach Gorm Theatre Group.’
- ‘Dark, tense and highly dramatic, Butlin is sure that Stevenson's original story will be maximised by its studio theatre staging, pairing four singers with the onstage instrumentalists of the Hebrides Ensemble.’
- ‘With a 400 seat auditorium and a smaller studio theatre, the new Lyric will pulse with activity both on opening nights and between productions.’
- ‘The group meets at the new studio theatre on Mondays and has just finished its first term of workshops.’
- ‘A 250-seat studio theater will provide a venue for experimental productions.’
- ‘The next phase, beginning now, consists of new wings of studio theatres and galleries, with a final cycle of repairs and restoration.’
- ‘The company has ambitions to build a studio theatre and create proper rehearsal space, all of which would allow it to increase the range and quality of the work it does.’
- ‘The rise of the small studio theatre is rightly celebrated.’
- ‘The opening of a West End studio theatre is good news.’
- ‘The studio theatre will be a rehearsal space and will stage small - scale performances, while music, readings and cabaret shows will take place in the cafe bar.’
- ‘The smaller, 250-seat studio theater is cooled from above by a variable air volume air handler and heated from below with an under-floor hydronic heating loop.’
- ‘The piece was performed in the remodeled Lyttleton Theatre, the old proscenium stage making way for a more studio theatre feel.’
- ‘With four rebound ace tennis courts, a swimming pool, a music centre, an extension centre for gifted and talented children and a studio theatre, it will obtain an additional $1.4 million a year.’
- ‘Landreth and Larkin were reunited on stage in the cavernesque studio theatre at the National Arts Centre where the winners were announced during the festival's closing ceremonies.’
- ‘There will be a new foyer, more naturally positioned on the river side of the building, a 250-seat studio theatre as well as the existing 800-seater, and two cinemas in place of the existing one.’
- ‘The next production from the Ilkley Players is ‘Perfect Days’ by Scottish poet and playwright Liz Lochhead which will be staged in the Wildman studio theatre.’
- ‘Apart from being one of London's biggest and most prestigious studio theatres, it's also home to the UK's only black drama school, Identity.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.