Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A small theatre where experimental and innovative productions are staged.
- ‘The rise of the small studio theatre is rightly celebrated.’
- ‘The next phase, beginning now, consists of new wings of studio theatres and galleries, with a final cycle of repairs and restoration.’
- ‘A 250-seat studio theater will provide a venue for experimental productions.’
- ‘With four rebound ace tennis courts, a swimming pool, a music centre, an extension centre for gifted and talented children and a studio theatre, it will obtain an additional $1.4 million a year.’
- ‘There will be a new foyer, more naturally positioned on the river side of the building, a 250-seat studio theatre as well as the existing 800-seater, and two cinemas in place of the existing one.’
- ‘The opening of a West End studio theatre is good news.’
- ‘Dark, tense and highly dramatic, Butlin is sure that Stevenson's original story will be maximised by its studio theatre staging, pairing four singers with the onstage instrumentalists of the Hebrides Ensemble.’
- ‘The piece was performed in the remodeled Lyttleton Theatre, the old proscenium stage making way for a more studio theatre feel.’
- ‘The company has ambitions to build a studio theatre and create proper rehearsal space, all of which would allow it to increase the range and quality of the work it does.’
- ‘Landreth and Larkin were reunited on stage in the cavernesque studio theatre at the National Arts Centre where the winners were announced during the festival's closing ceremonies.’
- ‘The next production from the Ilkley Players is ‘Perfect Days’ by Scottish poet and playwright Liz Lochhead which will be staged in the Wildman studio theatre.’
- ‘As well as annual performances in local theatres and summer schools, the school offers its students, in all disciplines, the opportunity to perform regularly in their own studio theatre.’
- ‘Apart from being one of London's biggest and most prestigious studio theatres, it's also home to the UK's only black drama school, Identity.’
- ‘I spent a year driving around in my little car seeing a great number of shows in community halls and studio theatres.’
- ‘The studio theatre will be a rehearsal space and will stage small - scale performances, while music, readings and cabaret shows will take place in the cafe bar.’
- ‘The group meets at the new studio theatre on Mondays and has just finished its first term of workshops.’
- ‘With a 400 seat auditorium and a smaller studio theatre, the new Lyric will pulse with activity both on opening nights and between productions.’
- ‘This will be a fully furnished studio theatre, providing a versatile venue for all types of theatrical performances.’
- ‘The smaller, 250-seat studio theater is cooled from above by a variable air volume air handler and heated from below with an under-floor hydronic heating loop.’
- ‘All proceeds from Santaland go to the development of a studio theatre within the Community Centre for the Gealach Gorm Theatre Group.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.