One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A flat containing one main room.
- ‘Budgets were tight on the flats and that is reflected in the prices, which range from £150,000 for a studio apartment to £499,950 for a three-bedroom penthouse, with live-work spaces also available.’
- ‘Old Sauchie, only a few miles west of Stirling, was originally designed as a stables in the 19th century, but now has been converted into five houses and a studio apartment.’
- ‘Antique chests and fountains, elaborately spidery chandeliers to hang from a tree branch, and mossy stone urns the size of a studio apartment crowd the huge shop.’
- ‘Still, £4.5m is quite a lot for something its owners describe as ‘a one-bedroom studio apartment, with a guest room.’’
- ‘Three weeks after hitting town, I landed a job shilling at the Pioneer Club and now I was moving into a studio apartment in the sticks with another shill from work named Diane.’
- ‘My studio apartment and utilities cost half my salary.’
- ‘A studio apartment, with a kitchen, two bedrooms, a spacious living room with a wall of just windows, leading out to a small balcony.’
- ‘None of them return your calls and the last time you hung out with them, they made fun of your job, your Today's Man suit, and your studio apartment.’
- ‘The Vatican said yesterday that the Pope had died of septic shock and cardio-circulatory collapse on Saturday in his studio apartment in St Peter's Square.’
- ‘At 500 square feet, they're no bigger than a typical studio apartment.’
- ‘The living room was as large as the studio apartment, its slightly vaulted ceiling making feel very tall and grand.’
- ‘If you are prepared to look it is possible to pick up a nice studio apartment in a rural country town for under €50,000.’
- ‘The garage complex provides double parking, a shower room and a small studio apartment that would be ideally suited to older children.’
- ‘I looked around the decrepit studio apartment, almost barren except for an open treasure chest full of medical journals I think he was using as pornography.’
- ‘Outside there is a self-contained studio apartment, south-facing garden, pond, large garage and small greenhouse.’
- ‘She supplied the chalk work for a rolling chalkboard wall that divided a studio apartment into sleeping and living areas.’
- ‘If I didn't have a kid, I could quit my job, move into a studio apartment somewhere, get a slacker job, and be just fine.’
- ‘The man rushed from drawer to drawer in the bedroom of his studio apartment, carelessly grabbing pieces of clothing.’
- ‘His studio apartment costs $375 a month, which is about 30 percent of his income from a full-time job at the downtown Barnes & Noble.’
- ‘I awoke just before 7 a.m. in my studio apartment at 47th Street and Drexel Boulevard and flipped on the radio next to my bed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.