One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A sofa bed.
- ‘The painting depicts two nymphets lolling on an old red studio couch, with a low horizon, a big cloud cover and a bright blue pond below the couch.’
- ‘On the second day of the disaster, Samaras writes, he made four paintings in an act of renascence and then took to his studio couch for a nap, which he called a rehearsal for oblivion.’
- ‘Her unabashed glee at buying her first piece of adult furniture brought to mind the years I made do with a studio couch covered with a $29.95 Indian bedspread.’
- ‘Jason's Childe scowled and growled for a couple of moments at his studio couch.’
- ‘She stared at the studio couch until she convinced herself there had never been anyone there.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.