One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A group of students elected by their peers to address issues of concern and organize student events and activities.‘the student council has decided to have a Halloween dance this year’
- ‘The boys now plan to write to their student council in the hope the uniform will be changed for next summer.’
- ‘Being President of the Student Council would be a truly great accomplishment and would look fantastic on my CV.’
- ‘Six of the trees we took with us were bought by our student council and our student body.’
- ‘The lock in was approved by the student council.’
- ‘Being elected to student council, participating in sports, acting in plays, playing in the band, working on the student newspaper and the like are aids to getting into the college of your choice.’
- ‘She was a member of the student council, worked in the school library (an honor at her school), and was an associate editor of the high school yearbook.’
- ‘Supposedly, next year the student council is going to be voting on the policy.’
- ‘At Montana State University, she serves as vice president of the agriculture student council.’
- ‘Other than an unsuccessful bid for student council in the eighth grade, Guy had never run for an elected office.’
- ‘In high school I was president of the student council and I ended up doing a lot of speeches.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.