One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Dogged determination not to change one's attitude or position on something.‘his error was sheer stubbornness in refusing to admit a mistake’
- ‘Try to find a way to turn her stubbornness from a weakness to a strength.’
- ‘My theological orientation does not happen to be one which minimizes the stubbornness of man's depravity.’
- ‘His stubbornness was taken by the augurs to signify the eternal nature of the boundaries of the Roman state.’
- ‘Their national character contains a certain stubbornness, a necessary characteristic for contemporary folk artists.’
- ‘There is a widely known stubbornness by these programmers in refusing to learn from the lessons proprietary software has to offer.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.