One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Covered with stubble.‘a stubbly chin’
bristly, unshaven, fuzzy, whiskery, whiskered, hairy, beardedView synonyms
- ‘The 33-year-old, stationed in Harlem, ran his hand through his hair, his face blackened and stubbly.’
- ‘The guy gets comfy, a look of anticipation on his stubbly face.’
- ‘All my life I've been blessed with stubbly, almost invisible eyelashes, discrete, modest, and no trouble at all.’
- ‘These guys are luscious-haired, stubbly, torrid and tattooed, and often look as if they've tipped up with a hangover.’
- ‘‘It's a big deal,’ says Bushido, stroking his stubbly chin.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.