One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He may strut about full of stubbled swagger, but the guy is only 21 and still establishing himself as France's No 10.’
- ‘Beyond a stubbled field was the vast riverbed; then stark, pale, folded mountains.’
- ‘The high lord of filth paused to consider this, scratching at his stubbled chin with one yellow and split talon.’
- ‘I suggest all you boys rush out there and try it - there's nothing like a prickly, stubbled cheek.’
- ‘The mayor, the imam, the sheik and some stubbled men all took seats around the long table.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.