One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He may strut about full of stubbled swagger, but the guy is only 21 and still establishing himself as France's No 10.’
- ‘The mayor, the imam, the sheik and some stubbled men all took seats around the long table.’
- ‘Beyond a stubbled field was the vast riverbed; then stark, pale, folded mountains.’
- ‘I suggest all you boys rush out there and try it - there's nothing like a prickly, stubbled cheek.’
- ‘The high lord of filth paused to consider this, scratching at his stubbled chin with one yellow and split talon.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.