Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A plan drawn up by a local planning authority for the use of a prescribed area of land.
- ‘‘If they don't include a bypass in the structure plan then I can feel a protest coming on,’ he said.’
- ‘The structure plan relevant to this area was the South Hampshire Structure Plan 1988.’
- ‘There is nothing in the local plan or draft structure plan about housing on that land, but we have not taken a view yet.’
- ‘The scheme has been adopted for the local council's structure plan.’
- ‘The land has been earmarked as a reserve site for a major development area in the Hampshire structure plan.’
- ‘The strategic planning authority would have to show house-building rates were not meeting targets laid out in the county structure plan.’
- ‘This week they have warned that bidding for a bypass could take several years, despite one being proposed in the county structure plan.’
- ‘He said: ‘The Wiltshire structure plan will influence the policy on where future developments take place.’’
- ‘Four major development areas were earmarked in the structure plan, which runs from 1996 until 2011.’
- ‘The structure plan also guides the development of houses, shops and employment areas in the county.’
- ‘The structure plan comprises the Nottinghamshire Structure Plan Review approved in 1996, with a period to 2011.’
- ‘Removal of the proposed development would represent a material change to the structure plan's proposals.’
- ‘I did write a structure plan for my essay, but that was it.’
- ‘Even the structure plan prepared by the Bangalore Metropolitan Region Development Authority does not find a mention in it.’
- ‘The Local Plan had to be ‘in general conformity’ with the structure plan.’
- ‘Alterations to the structure plan have yet to be prepared.’
- ‘There is no need for East Lothian to have to accept an additional 4,800 new houses under the new structure plan.’
- ‘The structure plan highlights a series of potential areas for wind farm developments known as Areas of Search for renewable energy.’
- ‘Accordingly, the draft structure plan can be given little weight.’
- ‘Local authorities have a statutory duty to consult widely on the preparation of a local or structure plan.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.