One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Strong mild steel in shapes suited to construction work.
- ‘Electrical interference and structural steel found in urban environments may effect the use of the aiming circle and communications.’
- ‘It is light in mass, yet some of its alloys have strengths greater than that of structural steel.’
- ‘The high-carbon spring steel has a higher yield strength and tensile strength than the medium-carbon structural steel.’
- ‘During the day, the exposed structural steel and specially perforated stainless steel fins act as reflective sun louvers.’
- ‘Because the job was fast-tracked, the library applied for a concrete permit before structural steel design was complete.’
- ‘Reinforcing bar prices made the first move last spring while structural steel prices began moving up in the fourth quarter of 2003.’
- ‘Since original construction occurred in the early 20th century, all structural steel connections were riveted.’
- ‘They also produce HSLA steels and structural steel grades for those applications that require specified strength levels.’
- ‘The building had been designed for structural steel, but steel was unavailable.’
- ‘The table is constructed of two structural steel beams that rest on the jack mounts on either side of the table, connected by steel trusses.’
- ‘In my opinion support steel for process plant is quite different from structural steel.’
- ‘However, structural steel shapes will have a weaker price recovery than other steel products, says Anton.’
- ‘His expertise lies in structural analysis and design, structural steel design, and numerical analysis of non-linear and inelastic systems.’
- ‘Concrete offers shorter lead times for start-up of construction than does structural steel, which has long waits for special ordered shapes.’
- ‘The structural steel contains 77 percent post-consumer and 18 percent post-industrial recycled content.’
- ‘With structural steel construction, the addition of reinforced concrete cores and shear walls greatly dampens the amount of sway.’
- ‘High-rise office buildings in New York City historically have been constructed of structural steel.’
- ‘Further speculation has concerned the adequacy of the fire suppression system, the fireproofing of structural steel, and the exiting stairwells.’
- ‘Rinker Hall's structural steel, metal wall panels, drywall, and ceiling systems will all be recyclable at the end of the building's lifetime.’
- ‘Unlike Gehry's Experience Music Project in Seattle, this building's metal skin sits directly on structural steel members.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.