One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A defensive back positioned opposite the strong side who usually covers the tight end.
- ‘He could end up being the third safety if the Redskins select a strong safety in the draft.’
- ‘The team set out to find a strong safety, a tight end and a backup defensive tackle with its three picks.’
- ‘Given the weak defensive line, strong safety is an important position.’
- ‘He is listed as a strong safety but also lines up at linebacker, cornerback, free safety and at the line of scrimmage.’
- ‘There was even some thought of turning him into a strong safety.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.