One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A troupe of itinerant actors.
- ‘It is a long way from a hundred years ago when we were the strolling players - rogues and vagabonds.’
- ‘It has its stylistic roots in the strolling players and minstrels of the Middle Ages.’
- ‘He is set down to watch the play that follows, performed solely for his benefit by strolling players.’
- ‘Other activities include a town crier, strolling players, theatre groups and dancers in period costume depicting the history.’
- ‘The Bard can rest easy - his Merry Wives were in safe hands when the band of strolling players promenaded around Turton Tower.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.