One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An outstandingly brilliant and original idea.‘the new piece of propaganda was a stroke of genius’
feat, accomplishment, achievement, attainment, coup, master stroke, stratagemView synonyms
- ‘Sure, many fashion designers are extremely creative people with occasional strokes of genius.’
- ‘And then one day, it came to me like a stroke of genius.’
- ‘This bit of the information was Robert Shields' idea, a stroke of genius.’
- ‘This seemed like a brilliant stroke of genius - until the guys at the other side of the intersection did the same thing.’
- ‘Alan Rickman as Snape was a brilliant stroke of genius.’
- ‘Though fixing the tower in this way was thought to be a stroke of genius, it was also considered a hazardous way to go.’
- ‘The match, tight as it inevitably will be, could be decided by one stroke of genius.’
- ‘A bad idea does not become a stroke of genius just because you place it on the web.’
- ‘Someone had hit upon a bold concept, a stroke of genius, in fact.’
- ‘The whole C.M. Punk storyline several months ago was a stroke of pure genius.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.