One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘A temperature drop from 15 to 10° induces strobilation of polyps of Aurelia aurita from the North Sea.’
- ‘This species reproduces through strobilation, similar to most other jellies, but with varying seasonality.’
- ‘However, a strobilation event in November 1998 prevented the complete loss of medusae.’
- ‘The usual strobilation period for Aurelia aurita lasted from early March to about May.’
- ‘Collectively, these studies indicate that iodinated organic compounds, such as thyroxine, can affect strobilation and mineralization in cnidarians.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.