One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A mill in which steel slabs are rolled into strips.
- ‘Ten years ago this site operated around the clock and housed multi-million-pound facilities including a blast furnace, strip mill and coke ovens.’
- ‘The installation of a hot strip mill in 1962 made it the most modern steel plant in Britain.’
- ‘She recalls writing a purple paragraph at primary school about the beauty of a sky lit up at night by the flames of the strip mill.’
- ‘The flattened area where the strip mill once stood will be the centre for a new town.’
- ‘British Steel had closed its Ravenscraig strip mill.’
- ‘Few who witnessed the relentless rundown of Ravenscraig will give the remaining hot and cold strip mills in South Wales much of a long-term future.’
- ‘The biggest excitement is around the fact that we're able to get rid of the need for the huge capital-intensive slab caster and hot strip mill.’
- ‘Material produced meeting thickness tolerances down to 0.4 mm through the use of a state-of-the-art hot strip mill.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.