One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Cultivation in which different crops are sown in alternate strips to prevent soil erosion.
- ‘Organic farmers use practices such as crop rotations, intercropping, strip cropping, establishing wildlife cover and providing habitat for beneficial organisms.’
- ‘Adding tile drains, diversion ditches, and strip cropping can slow erosion, increasing both yields and the effectiveness of field operations.’
- ‘Tour a certified organic farm that integrates a rotational strip cropping system of corn, soybeans oats and turnips.’
- ‘The trail was intended to be adjacent to no-till strip cropping planted on the contour, forest plots, and active animal pastures.’
- ‘Reduced-tillage cropping systems and surface grading, in addition to contour planting and strip cropping, can also reduce pesticide runoff.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.