One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘A youngster during the Revolution, family string-pulling made him a captain in the French army by 20 and brigadier-general four years later.’
- ‘After some string-pulling, he was finally admitted to the emergency ward of one of these government hospitals.’
- ‘Even in her best work manipulative string-pulling is evident.’
- ‘He did not rely on string-pulling to get what he wanted.’
- ‘There was a good deal of bribery, corruption, and string-pulling as influential parents strove to ensure that their own children would receive favourable attention from teachers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.