One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An out called when a batter has made three strikes.
- ‘It is not about home runs and strikeouts, Hall of Fame hitters and knockdown pitchers.’
- ‘The next year, he finished second among all minor league pitchers with 187 strikeouts.’
- ‘He consistently is around the plate and can retire batters with strikeouts or by forcing them to hit the ball on the ground.’
- ‘Only two pitchers with 3,000 or more strikeouts failed to win a league strikeout title.’
- ‘He started the year in the bullpen, where he was issuing more walks than strikeouts.’
(of text) having a horizontal line through the middle; crossed out.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.