One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An imaginary area over home plate extending from the armpits to the knees of a batter in the batting position.
- ‘Most of the time, the ball comes in below the strike zone, but it's thrown so hard the batter has no chance to adjust.’
- ‘Perez starts mapping the plate with his hands and an imaginary strike zone.’
- ‘He sees the same strike zone in both leagues these days - which is to say, a lower and wider one than in years past.’
- ‘Like the strike zone in baseball, right of way can vary slightly depending on which referee you have.’
- ‘Trouble is, to hear most players and managers talk about it, the new strike zone never has been enforced.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.