- short for corpus striatum
- ‘Men who responded to fluoxetine, in addition, showed changes in certain lower brain areas - brainstem, hippocampus, striatum and anterior insula.’
- ‘The finding may help explain why these mutant proteins, although they are widely expressed throughout the body, kill only certain neurons within the striatum and cortex of the brain.’
- ‘Instead, the brain showed neuronal loss, gliosis, and glial cytoplasmic inclusions in the striatum and substantia nigra, leading to the diagnosis of striatonigral degeneration.’
- ‘The principal mesencephalic projection to the striatum originates from the substantia nigra pars compacta.’
- ‘The brain showed extensive neuronal loss and severe astrogliosis in the striatum and substantia nigra.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.