One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- short for corpus striatum
- ‘Men who responded to fluoxetine, in addition, showed changes in certain lower brain areas - brainstem, hippocampus, striatum and anterior insula.’
- ‘The principal mesencephalic projection to the striatum originates from the substantia nigra pars compacta.’
- ‘Instead, the brain showed neuronal loss, gliosis, and glial cytoplasmic inclusions in the striatum and substantia nigra, leading to the diagnosis of striatonigral degeneration.’
- ‘The brain showed extensive neuronal loss and severe astrogliosis in the striatum and substantia nigra.’
- ‘The finding may help explain why these mutant proteins, although they are widely expressed throughout the body, kill only certain neurons within the striatum and cortex of the brain.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.