Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A region of the earth's surface over which tektites of a similar age and presumed origin are found.
- ‘An additional 10 specimens, unrelated to the strewn field, were found widely scattered over the icefield.’
- ‘I'm very interested in finding new strewn fields, other than the two well known ones here in Arizona.’
- ‘It seems most strewn fields were happened upon by people hunting for gold with their detectors.’
- ‘The extent of this strewn field is still being determined, but it has already exceeded 200 sq. km.’
- ‘The size of the strewn fields is of crucial interest to all hypotheses concerned with the origin of tektites.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.