One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It's thick and heavy-gauge rib knit structure provides natural stretchiness to ensure a perfect fit.’
- ‘If the stretchiness is altered slightly, the note is no longer exactly what it's supposed to be, but it's still recognisably musical.’
- ‘The elastic collagen fibres in the skin lose their elasticity, resulting in permanent loss of stretchiness and permanent wrinkling.’
- ‘For decades, however, detailed understanding of how that stretchiness toughens these materials has eluded researchers.’
- ‘The resulting material has six times the strength of unprocessed copper yet retains most of the metal's characteristic ductility, or stretchiness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.