One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The resulting material has six times the strength of unprocessed copper yet retains most of the metal's characteristic ductility, or stretchiness.’
- ‘For decades, however, detailed understanding of how that stretchiness toughens these materials has eluded researchers.’
- ‘If the stretchiness is altered slightly, the note is no longer exactly what it's supposed to be, but it's still recognisably musical.’
- ‘The elastic collagen fibres in the skin lose their elasticity, resulting in permanent loss of stretchiness and permanent wrinkling.’
- ‘It's thick and heavy-gauge rib knit structure provides natural stretchiness to ensure a perfect fit.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.