Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A limousine that has an extended seating area.
- ‘Just seconds after she had said that, a white stretch limo pulled into the bus depot.’
- ‘It was just me and the note, alone in the back seat of a stretch limo.’
- ‘Two people in a white stretch limo stuck in traffic may seem like an extravagance.’
- ‘When it was her birthday last June we hired a stretch limo and all dressed as cheerleaders.’
- ‘Kate was in the back of a stretch limo and she was being driven to the championship game.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.