One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An antibiotic that was the first drug to be successful against tuberculosis but is now chiefly used with other drugs because of its toxic side effects.
This antibiotic is produced by the bacterium Streptomyces griseus
- ‘All the patients had bacilli sensitive to streptomycin, isoniazid and rifampicin initially.’
- ‘In its early stages, leptospirosis can be treated with antibiotics such as penicillin, streptomycin, tetracycline and erythromycin.’
- ‘These include the antibiotics polymyxin B sulfate, streptomycin sulfate, chlortetracycline hydrochloride and neomycin sulfate.’
- ‘The preferred and most effective drug of choice to treat tularemia is streptomycin or gentamicin.’
- ‘Treatment is with tetracycline (as doxycycline) and streptomycin for 6 weeks.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.