One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An enzyme produced by some streptococci which is involved in breaking down red blood cells. It is used to treat blood clots and inflammation.
- ‘Five studies used streptokinase, two used urokinase, and four used tissue plasminogen activator.’
- ‘And then the astounding discovery was made that a bacterial enzyme, streptokinase, could dissolve human clots.’
- ‘In general, if there are no contraindications, streptokinase is preferred by some because of its lower cost.’
- ‘It appears that streptokinase and urokinase are equally effective.’
- ‘It is therefore unsurprising that patients with pulmonary embolism treated with streptokinase and urokinase are three times more likely to show clot resolution than patients taking heparin alone.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.