One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A bacterium of a genus that includes the agents of souring of milk and dental decay, and haemolytic pathogens causing various infections such as scarlet fever and pneumonia.
Genus Streptococcus; Gram-positive cocci in pairs and chains
- ‘Other agents occasionally implicated are pneumococci, staphylococci, streptococci, and Candida albicans.’
- ‘In many cases, these organisms are streptococci or staphylococci bacteria.’
- ‘Then a starter culture of lactic streptococci and lactobacilli bacteria is added.’
- ‘Impetigo is a skin infection that is generally caused by one of two bacteria: Group A streptococcus or Staphylococcus aureus.’
- ‘By using sugar fermentation, bacteriologists observed that haemolytic streptococci of human origin were broadly differentiated from those of bovine origin.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.