One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
nounmass nounNorth American
A sore throat with fever caused by streptococcal infection.
- ‘It's one of the most frequently prescribed medications, and it's commonly used to treat strep throat and ear infections.’
- ‘Ebell and colleagues conducted a literature review to determine the accuracy of physical examination in diagnosing strep throat.’
- ‘In fact, even in untreated cases, only a small percentage of people with strep throat develop rheumatic fever.’
- ‘The noninvasive and milder types of infection, primarily strep throat and skin infections, occur mostly in children between the ages of 5 and 14 years old.’
- ‘But how do you know which sore throat is a strep throat infection?’
- ‘Unlike other causes of sore throat, strep throat is treatable.’
- ‘Children with strep throat have a sore throat and may have tummy pain or a red rash with small spots.’
- ‘The pain of strep throat often feels like a sore throat caused by other illnesses.’
- ‘But bacteria can cause trouble, too, like cavities, urinary tract infections, or strep throat.’
- ‘Other conditions caused by bacteria include strep throat and staph infection.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.