One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A homeless person.‘the streeties were suspicious about what the Project did’
- ‘I told the rest of the streeties about what the People's Project did.’
- ‘If you want to see real streeties, inclement weather is usually the best time.’
- ‘I have just spent an enjoyable hour or so with a few of the local streeties.’
- ‘A homeless man who was stabbed in a central Auckland park was helping feed other 'streeties' hours before he was attacked.’
- ‘The streeties are still her friends, they are still a big family, still look out for each other.’
- ‘She is one of the streeties staff have been working with almost from the start.’
- ‘These are the streeties the project chips away at, building relationships, building trust.’
- ‘He says now is the hardest it has ever been for streeties like him.’
- ‘"If you starve out here, you're stupid," says the long-time streetie.’
- ‘I still care about them, the other streeties.’
1980s: from street + -y.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.