One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
adjective & adverb
- ‘Soon she is hurtling streetward as an Agent blasts away at her.’
- ‘It appeared to have derived from a structure that stood streetward of the outbuilding.’
- ‘As midday crowds watched from sidewalks and shops, rescue helicopters set gingerly down on the building top, their rotors pushing smoke streetward as they landed.’
- ‘Most rooms have no view to speak of, varying between city streets and an interior utility courtyard; some of the streetward rooms can be noisy during busy times,’
- ‘Some, however, have bucked that tide and oriented themselves streetward.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.