One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Drama performed on the streets, typically in an informal or improvised manner.
- ‘When the sun starts to set, people gather in groups to continue the debate, bands play and street theatre is performed to crowds hundreds strong.’
- ‘It was an interesting piece of improvised street theater, but a performance whose point was too murky to discern.’
- ‘The festival this year offers a choice array of drama, dance, comedy and street theatre.’
- ‘But as street theatre moves centre stage in Britain, will it maintain its political purpose?’
- ‘The protesters also performed some street theater mocking the judges, while others played the role of politicians donating ‘presents’ to the judges.’
- ‘Earlier, there will be street theatre in Parliament Street and the Coppergate Centre.’
- ‘This enthusiasm fits with a time when exploitation of deformity no longer provides a reliable source of income, and when the sideshow turns to performance art and street theater.’
- ‘We also market condoms at highly subsidised prices and disseminate life-saving messages via soap operas, street theatre and puppet shows.’
- ‘You can always tell when street theatre is being performed - the traffic banks up!’
- ‘This year, it's not street theater, but courtroom drama.’
- ‘It's an extravaganza of free, top quality entertainment, performance arts, street theatre, family fun and much more.’
- ‘In the past, activists started ad campaigns, smashed TV sets and performed impromptu street theatre.’
- ‘Bradford will also host a street party tomorrow with street theatre, music and a huge firework display.’
- ‘The trio performed their innovative street theatre in St Sampson's Square.’
- ‘With dramatic speeches and street theater, she organized workers, women, and minorities, drawing public attention to their hardships and giving them a voice.’
- ‘Along the route there was street theatre and sideshows.’
- ‘On Monday, troupes of actors take to the streets of Braamfontein for street theatre - they will be popping up here and there throughout the day.’
- ‘Various forms of folk drama and street theater are also performed for the amusement of the people.’
- ‘Students at Hanson School, Bradford, will perform a piece of street theatre as part of the ceremony.’
- ‘On the agenda are activities such as drawing, street theatre, miming, clay modelling, story telling and public speaking.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.