One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small stream.
- ‘In the faint distance a streamlet ran, further back into the cavern.’
- ‘The rivulet becomes a streamlet, and the desert silence is suddenly broken by the silver music of water.’
- ‘A secret streamlet trickles on beneath the heavy cover of inertia and pseudo-events, slowly and inconspicuously undercutting it.’
- ‘The Nile River starts as a small spring and a streamlet.’
- ‘Frequently, they paused to rest in the shade of high pines along sepia streamlets where there was fresh water to drink.’
- ‘The hurriedly constructed dwellings were not only found around the lower reaches of the streamlet but were seen also in many residential districts in and around the town.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.