One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A freshwater plant with long fronds that stream and wave in the current, especially water crowfoot.
- ‘Everywhere parr dart amongst the streamer weed and shoals of fry waft forward and back in the current.’
- ‘A bed of streamer weed extends outwards from the left hand downstream bank for about ten feet.’
- ‘There is no doubt that locating chub in streamer weed gives most anglers the greatest difficulty.’
- ‘A traditional, but effective, method to catch gypsy barbel in rivers is to use pieces of streamer weed as bait.’
- ‘The river was quite deep on the far bank but shallower with streamer weed on my side.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.