A freshwater plant with long fronds that stream and wave in the current, especially water crowfoot.
- ‘The river was quite deep on the far bank but shallower with streamer weed on my side.’
- ‘A bed of streamer weed extends outwards from the left hand downstream bank for about ten feet.’
- ‘Everywhere parr dart amongst the streamer weed and shoals of fry waft forward and back in the current.’
- ‘A traditional, but effective, method to catch gypsy barbel in rivers is to use pieces of streamer weed as bait.’
- ‘There is no doubt that locating chub in streamer weed gives most anglers the greatest difficulty.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.