One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Bacon cut from the sides and belly and having distinct strips of fat.‘the strips of crisp streaky bacon add a tasty topping to the vegetables’
- ‘For the main course I had the pan-fried lamb's liver and organic streaky bacon with a scallion and horseradish mash.’
- ‘The breakfast consisted of two fried eggs and two rashers of streaky bacon.’
- ‘Shortly thereafter the breakfast was served and comprised: two lightly fried eggs, two rashers of streaky bacon, two slices of toast, butter in foil and a portion of strawberry jam.’
- ‘My king prawn, swordfish and lime kebabs wrapped in streaky bacon and served with spaghetti noodles was an equally pleasant start to what turned out to be a very satisfactory meal.’
- ‘Fry 1 chopped onion and 75g chopped pancetta or streaky bacon in 1tbsp olive oil until the onion is soft.’
- ‘Breakfast included plentiful coffee, flavoursome preserves and French toast with streaky bacon and maple syrup, all perfect for anyone who had over-indulged the night before.’
- ‘Streaky bacon is made from belly of pork, while back comes from the leaner loin - a more expensive pork joint, so accordingly more expensive as bacon.’
- ‘Use good streaky bacon if you can't find cubed pancetta.’
- ‘In my quiche I use eight slices of smoked streaky bacon, two eggs and one egg yolk and I use double cream rather than milk.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.