One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The cloth is streakily marked on the upper cover, and slightly spotted on the lower cover.’
- ‘With stooped shoulders and arms strategically placed to conceal unwisely revealed untoned tummies, the streakily applied fake tan denotes that the future is clearly both bright and orange.’
- ‘The interior has a beach house feel, with fresh floral or checked cotton fabrics and streakily limewashed wooden furniture.’
- ‘Jayantha was also strong square of the wicket, though occasionally streakily, with one edge flying to the right of Kallis at slip.’
- ‘Glass patterns, composed of coherently oriented dipoles of same-polarity dots, have a distinctive, streakily striated appearance.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.