One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The interior has a beach house feel, with fresh floral or checked cotton fabrics and streakily limewashed wooden furniture.’
- ‘Jayantha was also strong square of the wicket, though occasionally streakily, with one edge flying to the right of Kallis at slip.’
- ‘With stooped shoulders and arms strategically placed to conceal unwisely revealed untoned tummies, the streakily applied fake tan denotes that the future is clearly both bright and orange.’
- ‘Glass patterns, composed of coherently oriented dipoles of same-polarity dots, have a distinctive, streakily striated appearance.’
- ‘The cloth is streakily marked on the upper cover, and slightly spotted on the lower cover.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.