One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An everlasting flower of the daisy family.
Several species in the family Compositae, in particular the Australian Helichrysum bracteatum and plants of the genus Helipterum
- ‘Sunflowers grow in the back, with strawflowers at far ends.’
- ‘Both use strawflowers for bird's nests, and both also include marble or porcelain animal figurines, which could represent actual animals or garden statuary.’
- ‘The dried heads of strawflowers and safflower will further enliven your Yuletide still-life.’
- ‘They say they pull out the statice and strawflowers and such and keep them in smaller vases for two or three weeks.’
- ‘The strawflowers and statices - especially my perennial German statice - have been fantastic.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.