One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Denoting an animal having a coat which is chestnut mixed with white or grey.
- ‘The other, called Toffee, is a strawberry roan miniature with a black mane, tail and forelock and black markings on his legs.’
- ‘He felt sorry for her strawberry roan stallion because its rider was a horrible horsewoman.’
- ‘‘Hey Sammy,’ Kris cooed, stroking the even white blaze on the massive strawberry roan quarter horse's face.’
- ‘The rider was seen riding the nine-year-old strawberry roan pony, in the town centre.’
- ‘Finally, she reached the small stable where her strawberry roan saddle horse was kept.’
A strawberry roan animal.
- ‘The strawberry roan turned towards the blacksmith's and left the friends.’
- ‘Outside, he swung himself onto the strawberry roan and kicked the horse.’
- ‘Our task for the day was to place the Strawberry Roan on Dave's property.’
- ‘Some strawberry roans have so many white hairs mixed in that they appear nearly pink.’
- ‘Ria longed for Morgan, her strawberry roan with a white snip on his forehead.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.