One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Very thinly cut potato chips.
- ‘To serve the dish, transfer the contents of the pan to a heated serving platter and, if you like, scatter straw potatoes over the top’
- ‘There is even the definitive guide to chip varieties from straw potatoes to buffalo chips.’
- ‘In our area, some who raised vegetables to sell on the roadside raised what they called straw potatoes because these were nicer and stored better than the others.’
- ‘The lone vegetarian friendly entrée at a restaurant known for its meat and seafood, this risotto receives a nice texture contrast from the straw potatoes (tossed with white truffle oil) which ring the bowl.’
- ‘Another cultivation method, especially good for late varieties, is known as straw potatoes.’
- ‘At serving time, spoon the Stroganoff onto a serving dish, cover with ‘a mound of jumbled straw potatoes,’ and sprinkle with parsley.’
- ‘Well-aged sirloin is liberally peppered and seared a delicious crusty black and accompanied by cleanly fried straw potatoes.’
- ‘It was topped with a nest of straw potatoes and drizzled with a mustard and yoghurt dip.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.