One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The interface between the stratosphere and the ionosphere.
- ‘The greatest difference occurred in July, when the measured stratopause temperature was about 0 degrees Fahrenheit, compared to about 40 degrees Fahrenheit predicted by the models.’
- ‘The mesosphere extends from the stratopause to about 90 km; together the stratosphere and mesosphere make up the middle atmosphere.’
- ‘In answer to your question about how the water vapour gets that high, water vapour is thrown into the stratopause by volcanic eruptions and remains trapped.’
- ‘As for the northern hemisphere, there is general cooling of the atmosphere, i.e., around the stratopause and in the lower stratosphere from September to December-January.’
- ‘Also he mentioned that the altitude to the stratopause decreases from the north pole to the equator, then increases again slightly to the south pole, something which he found very interesting but didn't have an explanation for.’
- ‘After the peak, the stratopause descended further, the upper stratosphere warmed, and the lower mesosphere cooled.’
1950s: from stratosphere, suggested by tropopause.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.