A person who grooms racehorses.
- ‘With racing's spring carnivals underway all over Australia, the trainers, the jockeys, the strappers and the owners and of course the horses, the neddies themselves, are all at full stride.’
- ‘Tears of joy were shed by a Geraldton strapper when his four-year-old gelding took first place honours at the Geraldton Crayfish Cup yesterday.’
- ‘We also felt it appropriate to provide a more substantial trophy for the jockey and trainer and to provide the strapper with a Cup miniature.’
- ‘Long hours are regarded as an unchangeable fact of life for many workers including flight attendants, postal managers, public servants, teachers, strappers, journalists, paramedics and doctors.’
- ‘And strappers, anything to do in racing, we teach.’
- ‘The horse enters quarantine in Ireland on August 27 and arrives in Australia on September 19 accompanied by his longtime strapper.’