One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(especially of a dress or bra) without shoulder straps.
- ‘Her matching evening dress was strapless with a flared skirt and in the same material.’
- ‘My strapless bra I'd had on the day before was draped over a lampshade nearby.’
- ‘Melissa took off her jeans jacket and straightened her tank top so it would cover her strapless bra properly.’
- ‘On Friday after work, I went to the mall and bought a black strapless dress which zipped up in the back.’
- ‘This voluminous strapless gown took 550 hours of labor just to do the embroidery.’
- ‘My hair was a mess of split ends and my strapless bra didn't show up until two days before the dance.’
- ‘It was a vibrant red strapless dress with a large slit up the right side.’
- ‘It was a strapless dress, and had a beautiful corset type of arrangement in the back.’
- ‘And the flared sleeve dress shirt and strapless dress combo is just unusual enough to be interesting but not weird.’
- ‘Layers of stiff net petticoats went under taffeta strapless dresses that made waists look tiny.’
- ‘Avoid a closed-up neckline, and strapless gowns, which usually push the bust up too much.’
- ‘She was wearing a tight fitting light pink strapless dress with a matching velvet cabby hat.’
- ‘The black, strapless gown was well suited to Darcy, more so than she probably thought.’
- ‘I had on a hot pink halter top with a pink strapless bra and my really short black skirt with a pink thong.’
- ‘She was wearing a red, strapless dress, and the back was laced up with black laces.’
- ‘I grabbed my jeans and put them on and then I undid my strapless bra so that I could put on my regular black one.’
- ‘The strapless dress was a very dark purple, made out of the finest velvet.’
- ‘If she is wearing a strapless gown, you need to buy a wrist corsage.’
- ‘Now here she was in her dark blue strapless dress wrapped snugly in Ethan's coat a can of coke in her hand.’
- ‘They wore gold strapless dresses with diamanté detail, and pearl tiaras.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.