One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(especially of a dress or bra) without shoulder straps.
- ‘It was a vibrant red strapless dress with a large slit up the right side.’
- ‘Melissa took off her jeans jacket and straightened her tank top so it would cover her strapless bra properly.’
- ‘My strapless bra I'd had on the day before was draped over a lampshade nearby.’
- ‘On Friday after work, I went to the mall and bought a black strapless dress which zipped up in the back.’
- ‘And the flared sleeve dress shirt and strapless dress combo is just unusual enough to be interesting but not weird.’
- ‘They wore gold strapless dresses with diamanté detail, and pearl tiaras.’
- ‘Layers of stiff net petticoats went under taffeta strapless dresses that made waists look tiny.’
- ‘She was wearing a tight fitting light pink strapless dress with a matching velvet cabby hat.’
- ‘Her matching evening dress was strapless with a flared skirt and in the same material.’
- ‘She was wearing a red, strapless dress, and the back was laced up with black laces.’
- ‘If she is wearing a strapless gown, you need to buy a wrist corsage.’
- ‘Now here she was in her dark blue strapless dress wrapped snugly in Ethan's coat a can of coke in her hand.’
- ‘The strapless dress was a very dark purple, made out of the finest velvet.’
- ‘I had on a hot pink halter top with a pink strapless bra and my really short black skirt with a pink thong.’
- ‘I grabbed my jeans and put them on and then I undid my strapless bra so that I could put on my regular black one.’
- ‘Avoid a closed-up neckline, and strapless gowns, which usually push the bust up too much.’
- ‘My hair was a mess of split ends and my strapless bra didn't show up until two days before the dance.’
- ‘It was a strapless dress, and had a beautiful corset type of arrangement in the back.’
- ‘This voluminous strapless gown took 550 hours of labor just to do the embroidery.’
- ‘The black, strapless gown was well suited to Darcy, more so than she probably thought.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.