One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(especially of a dress or bra) without shoulder straps.
- ‘It was a strapless dress, and had a beautiful corset type of arrangement in the back.’
- ‘I had on a hot pink halter top with a pink strapless bra and my really short black skirt with a pink thong.’
- ‘She was wearing a red, strapless dress, and the back was laced up with black laces.’
- ‘On Friday after work, I went to the mall and bought a black strapless dress which zipped up in the back.’
- ‘The black, strapless gown was well suited to Darcy, more so than she probably thought.’
- ‘The strapless dress was a very dark purple, made out of the finest velvet.’
- ‘Layers of stiff net petticoats went under taffeta strapless dresses that made waists look tiny.’
- ‘Avoid a closed-up neckline, and strapless gowns, which usually push the bust up too much.’
- ‘My strapless bra I'd had on the day before was draped over a lampshade nearby.’
- ‘If she is wearing a strapless gown, you need to buy a wrist corsage.’
- ‘And the flared sleeve dress shirt and strapless dress combo is just unusual enough to be interesting but not weird.’
- ‘They wore gold strapless dresses with diamanté detail, and pearl tiaras.’
- ‘Now here she was in her dark blue strapless dress wrapped snugly in Ethan's coat a can of coke in her hand.’
- ‘She was wearing a tight fitting light pink strapless dress with a matching velvet cabby hat.’
- ‘Melissa took off her jeans jacket and straightened her tank top so it would cover her strapless bra properly.’
- ‘I grabbed my jeans and put them on and then I undid my strapless bra so that I could put on my regular black one.’
- ‘It was a vibrant red strapless dress with a large slit up the right side.’
- ‘This voluminous strapless gown took 550 hours of labor just to do the embroidery.’
- ‘Her matching evening dress was strapless with a flared skirt and in the same material.’
- ‘My hair was a mess of split ends and my strapless bra didn't show up until two days before the dance.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.