One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(especially of a dress or bra) without shoulder straps.
- ‘The strapless dress was a very dark purple, made out of the finest velvet.’
- ‘My hair was a mess of split ends and my strapless bra didn't show up until two days before the dance.’
- ‘I grabbed my jeans and put them on and then I undid my strapless bra so that I could put on my regular black one.’
- ‘Avoid a closed-up neckline, and strapless gowns, which usually push the bust up too much.’
- ‘Now here she was in her dark blue strapless dress wrapped snugly in Ethan's coat a can of coke in her hand.’
- ‘She was wearing a tight fitting light pink strapless dress with a matching velvet cabby hat.’
- ‘It was a vibrant red strapless dress with a large slit up the right side.’
- ‘If she is wearing a strapless gown, you need to buy a wrist corsage.’
- ‘It was a strapless dress, and had a beautiful corset type of arrangement in the back.’
- ‘Melissa took off her jeans jacket and straightened her tank top so it would cover her strapless bra properly.’
- ‘And the flared sleeve dress shirt and strapless dress combo is just unusual enough to be interesting but not weird.’
- ‘They wore gold strapless dresses with diamanté detail, and pearl tiaras.’
- ‘I had on a hot pink halter top with a pink strapless bra and my really short black skirt with a pink thong.’
- ‘She was wearing a red, strapless dress, and the back was laced up with black laces.’
- ‘The black, strapless gown was well suited to Darcy, more so than she probably thought.’
- ‘My strapless bra I'd had on the day before was draped over a lampshade nearby.’
- ‘On Friday after work, I went to the mall and bought a black strapless dress which zipped up in the back.’
- ‘Her matching evening dress was strapless with a flared skirt and in the same material.’
- ‘This voluminous strapless gown took 550 hours of labor just to do the embroidery.’
- ‘Layers of stiff net petticoats went under taffeta strapless dresses that made waists look tiny.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.